Sunday 24 January 2016

God’s Favor at Work

Scripture: Daniel 1:9, NIV

Now God had caused the official to show favor and compassion to Daniel…”
Daniel is a prime example of the kind of person God is looking to use. Daniel’s heart was fully committed to God. He always sought the will of God, and he let his light shine before his peers without fear. As a result, God used him in mighty ways that will echo into eternity.
On numerous occasions, God caused officials and even kings to favor Daniel. God revealed secrets to Daniel. Because of God’s favor, Daniel was elevated to the highest levels of power, position, and wealth in the world system of his day. God’s favor rested big time on Daniel.
There is great opportunity for us to see the hand of God at work in our lives. He creates in us a God-given, God-driven desire to please him.
And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NLT) What a great promise!
Our relationship with God is an unfolding of a series of revelations. As we cultivate our relationship with him, he reveals himself to us.
Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”(John 14:21, NLT)
It should be the desire of our heart that God would reveal himself to us to the extent he is willing to do so.
The timing of God working in our lives is subject to his sovereignty. He is our reward, our inheritance, and our portion. He promises that he is good to those who depend on him, and who search for him. In the meantime, we wait patiently for him to act.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.” (Lamentations 3:24–26, NLT)
Today, ask yourself:

Is my heart fully committed to God so he can reveal himself to me and work in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment